Provides a rapid pH drop
Active inhibition of clostridia growth
Protects valuable protein
BONSILAGE FORTE WS is developed specifically for all types of wet and hard-to-ensile silages in the lower dry matter ranges, which often show high ash content with a high buffering capacity. BONSILAGE FORTE WS quickly lowers the pH, effectively inhibits clostridia growth and decreases the risk of butyric acid fermentation. This process reduces the protein breakdown that typically occurs with wet silages.
Find detailed product information below.
- Lactobacillus plantarum and Pediococcus acidilactici quickly lower the pH level by producing lactic acid in the front-end fermentation cycle
- Lactococcus lactis is known for its active clostridia inhibition to reduce the risk of butyric acid fermentation, thereby improving protein quality
- BONSILAGE FORTE WS converts damp, raw material into hygienically perfect silages with excellent palatability
Biological and water soluble silage additive
At least 300,000 CFU/g fresh matter (FM) of forage
- Grass haylage: 22-35% DM
- Clover grass haylage: 22-35% DM
- Alfalfa haylage: 22-35% DM
- Small grain silage: 22-35%
Selected strains of homofermentative lactic acid bacteria
Lactobacillus plantarum, Pediococcus acidilactici, Lactococcus lactis, dextrose
Lactic acid bacteria not less than 1.36 x 10¹¹ CFU/g product
In conjunction with ISF and our Gut Hülsenberg agricultural research facility, we conduct extensive ensiling and feeding research and on-farm trials to ensure the highest level of performance from BONSILAGE products. This study shows how the LAB contained in BONSILAGE FORTE WS quickly inhibited the level of active clostridia in grass silage (first cut, 26-32% DM) and then kept the level relatively low for 90 days.