Formation of propylene glycol
Ensures a reliable fermentation process
Protection against dry matter losses during feed-out
Our premium inoculant, BONSILAGE CORN+ WS, promotes a reliable fermentation process for whole plant corn and sorghum silages. After a rapid pH drop, the high number of Lactobacillus buchneri ensures the controlled formation of acetic acid, which provides a maximum level of protection against reheating. BONSILAGE CORN+ WS improves the digestibility and energy density of the forage. It also facilitates significant amounts of propylene glycol, which has been shown to benefit cow health, especially in early lactation.
Find detailed product information below.
- Lactobacillus plantarum quickly lowers the pH level by producing lactic acid in the beginning of the fermentation cycle
- Lactobacillus buchneri supports acetic acid production to inhibit yeast and mold, which reduces the risk of reheating and the shrinkage that can occur during feed out
- Lactobacillus buchneri produces high levels of propylene glycol, which helps to lower the risk of Ketosis in dairy cows
Biological and water soluble silage additive
At least 500,000 CFU/g fresh matter (FM) of forage
- Corn Silage: 28-45% DM
- Sorghum Silage: 28-45% DM
- Sorghum Sudan Grass Silage: 28-45% DM
Corn, Sorghum, and Sorghum Sudan Grass Silage: 28-45% DM
Lactobacillus buchneri and Lactobacillus plantarum, dextrose
Lactic acid bacteria not less than 2.27 x 10¹¹ CFU/g product
In conjunction with ISF and our Gut Hülsenberg agricultural research facility, we conduct extensive ensiling and feeding research and on-farm trials to ensure the highest level of performance from BONSILAGE products. Research trials show that BONSILAGE CORN+ WS produces much more propylene glycol (1,2-PD) in the silage when compared to untreated silage. It also raises the level of acetic acid, which extends the time silage can be used by protecting it from molds and yeasts.