Active inhibition of clostridia growth
Improves aerobic stability
Highest nutrient and dry matter retention
BONSILAGE ALFA WS rapidly lowers the pH level and provides protection against reheating in alfalfa haylages. In addition, it effectively inhibits clostridia, and it reduces the risk of butyric acid fermentation and protein degradation. It also releases propylene glycol, which has been shown to benefit cow health, especially in early lactation.
Find detailed product information below.
- Lactobacillus plantarum quickly lowers the pH level by producing lactic acid in the front-end fermentation cycle
- Lactobacillus buchneri releases acetic acid that inhibits any yeasts and molds, which reduces the risk of reheating and the shrinkage that often occur during feed out
- Lactobacillus buchneri is known for its active clostridia inhibition to reduce the risk of butyric acid fermentation, thereby improving protein quality
Biological and water soluble silage additive
At least 300,000 CFU/g fresh matter (FM) of forage
- Alfalfa haylage: 30-45% DM
- Grass haylage: 30-45% DM
- Small grain silage: 30-45% DM
Selected strains of homo-and heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria
Lactobacillus buchneri, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactococcus lactis, dextrose
Lactic acid bacteria not less than 1.36 x 10¹¹ CFU/g product
In conjunction with ISF and our Gut Hülsenberg agricultural research facility, we conduct extensive ensiling and feeding research and on-farm trials to ensure the highest level of performance from BONSILAGE products. Research trials show that BONSILAGE ALFA WS dramatically inhibits active clostridia when compared to untreated alfalfa haylage. It also suppresses the number of yeasts and molds after 90 days ensiling, which protects haylage quality.